SPA – September 29, 2019
Expo 2020 Dubai has announced the 25 selected projects in its Global Best Practices program, including a Norwegian program that replaces plastic waste with financial rewards, a Cameroonian project to build sustainable refugee camps, and an online program from Bhutan that calculates the components of the face.
Expo 2020 Dubai has announced the 25 selected projects under its Global Best Practices program, including a Norwegian program that replaces plastic waste with financial rewards, a Cameroonian project to build sustainable refugee camps, and an online program from Bhutan that calculates the components of low-cost healthy school meals. Local farms.
The exhibition, in a statement yesterday, that the selection of the 25 success stories, all simple and effective and local solutions to some of the most prominent challenges facing the world, came in the framework of «Expo 2020» search for pilot projects addressing the Sustainable Development Goals, which are 17 goals, constitute a global plan of action For the peace and prosperity of the inhabitants of the planet.
Selected projects from 24 countries, including individuals, communities, academics, companies, international organizations and governments, will be presented to the millions of visitors expected to attend the upcoming Expo 2020 Dubai.
The projects were announced on the sidelines of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Summit in New York, where global leaders met to review progress in the Sustainable Development Goals and identify actions that will accelerate the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Each of the selected programs addresses one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, including poverty eradication, improving the quality of education, improving access to adequate employment, economic development, promoting clean energy at affordable prices, and addressing climate change.
“The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), adopted by the world in 2015, touch on fundamental issues that concern all of us, and it is really great to see all this,” said Reem Bint Ibrahim Al Hashimi, Minister of State for International Cooperation and Director General of Expo 2020 Dubai. A number of concrete solutions to these major challenges. I salute these 25 best practice initiatives and look forward to sharing their groundbreaking projects with the world at Expo 2020 Dubai. ”
“With the changing economic and geographical center of gravity and the emergence of new alliances to replace old clusters, recourse to viable local knowledge and mechanisms has become critical. Expo 2020 takes place after five years of agreement on the Sustainable Development Goals, 10 years from the 2030 deadline. The pace of completion, dissemination of messages on the SDGs, and other actions. “When we all take the lead, and each of us does our part, the target in the 2030 deadline will be achievable.”
The Global Best Practices Expo program received 1,175 applications from 141 countries and provided a shortlist of an international selection body, including representatives from the International Exhibitions Bureau, the University of Cambridge, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Bank, the UN-Habitat Program and the United Nations Commission on Resources. The United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Renewable Energy Agency, the Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD) and the MasterCard for Inclusive Growth.
“The Best Practices Program is one of the most innovative and important initiatives at the World Expo,” said Vicente Gonzalez Lucertales, Secretary General of the International Exhibitions Bureau. This program brings together the Expo operational perspective, the central role of the main motto, and the educational responsibility of the participants. ”
The 25 winning projects, including those awarded by Expo Life grants, focus on five priority development aspects identified through the Global Best Practices Expo program.
1. Provide a comprehensive and sustainable service: a reliable service provider in urban and rural areas.
– Dispensers for Safe Water, Evidence Action, Kenya.
– UNICEF Drones Program, UNICEF and Vanuatu.
– Solar Valley Board Water Filtration, Helios, Austria.
– Big Box for the Cali Jungle Refuge Camp, Jangala, UK.
– 20,000 Sanz, Hogan Lovells College and Barefoot College, India.
2. Livelihood and enterprise development: promotion of alternative employment and income opportunities, women in the workplace;
And competitive products and services, and better access to markets.
– Global Plastic West Debussy & Tracking System, Empower, Norway.
– Questen Coffee for SDGs, Sustainable Growers, Rwanda.
– The Mountain Partners Productions, The Mountain Partners, Peru.
– Digital Farmer Service, ISOCO, Ghana.
– Honey Production, Dietech, Zambia.
3. Flexible environments: Protection of human, economic and natural assets in urban, rural and unstable environments.
– Building a Green Revueji Camp, Land Life Campany, Cameroon.
– Conservation Co Operatives, Planet Indonesia, Indonesia.
Humanitarian Development Peace Nexus, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Uganda.
– «The Sri Lanka Mangrove Conservation Project», Marine Science – Sri Lanka.
– Volunteer in Vietnam, Puyant Foundation Project, Vietnam.
4. Social development: credible and affordable health and education systems.
– Creating Agents for Positivity Cheng, Citizens Foundation, Pakistan.
– Hygen Promotion Through Routine Immunization, WaterAid, Nepal.
– SDG Campus, UNDP, Tunisia.
– Janma Clean Perth Kit, Iza, India.
– Fighting Neglected Tropical Diseases with Mobile Phones, Site Severs, Nigeria.
5. Energy, food and water security: managing the consumption of natural resources to meet growing needs
Of water, food and energy.
– Plus School Menus, WFP, Bhutan.
– Eco Village, Bangladesh Environment and Development Society, Bangladesh.
– «Belize First Cocoa Agroforestry Conservation with a protected area», «Yakce Conservation Trust», Belize.
– Agua Tica, Fundecor, Costa Rica.
– Citizen Farm, Edible Garden City, Singapore.